Monday, February 2, 2009

A NICE WEEKEND, AND SILLY PONYTAILS


We had a really nice weekend that went by way too fast! It was one of those weekend's that we really didn't have an agenda, which doesn't happen too often, so it was nice to just relax. It was Kevin's Saturday to work so during the day we played outside a lot and made a trip to Walmart for various items. We can back with a carton of sidewalk chalk I thought may be fun for them. They liked the chalk for about 30 seconds and managed to draw a little bit, then decided it was more fun to try and eat it and make their tongues blue (good thing it is non-toxic). Saturday night we made a big trip to the grocery store, this is now the highlight of most of our weekends. On a side note and in reference to my previous post, I set a new coupon savings record of $73.73!!! Kevin seemed to show more interest in my savings this time! On the way home we stopped and got a movie and chinese food, then put the kids straight to bed and enjoyed a quiet night.


Sunday, we skipped church (Hannah and Hunter were just getting over colds, and I wasn't feeling great). We got up late and ate cinnamon rolls, which we discovered the kids LOVE, and then later in the day went to see the fish weighed in for the tournament at the marina right by our house. I usually stay home when Kevin goes, but it was a beautiful day and the kids seemed to really enjoy being outside and seeing the fish.


Later that day I decided to see if Hannah had grown enough hair for a ponytail (I have tried several times w/ no luck) and I finally got one! It stayed up for a good 3 hours and looked like a cross between Pebbles and a little indian girl, but it was still something. Something about that ponytail must have struck a silly nerve with her, because for the rest of the day she was quite the opposite of her normally shy and quite personality-very entertaining! Kevin and I had decided in advance to record the superbowl and start watching it after the kids went to bed w/ no interruptions. Our good friends Jaime and Larissa usually have a superbowl party at their house, but were out of town-so we were feeling a little down about that and were missing the tradition of doing the whole "superbowl squares" thing. So, being the huge DORKS that we are, decided to make our own version of the game. Kevin went all out w/ his sharpie and ruler to make a grid, and we drew numbers and everything. It made watching the game by ourselves a lot more fun, but the outcome was not good, for me at least. The picture below is too hard to read, but I only won the 1st quarter which was a free back scratch. Kevin won a massage for the 2nd, no diaper changes for a day for the 3rd quarter, and a 3hour break for "whatever" for the 4th quarter. I was really wanting them to go into overtime in those last seconds, because I really wanted the "no diaper changing" prize.


I know that these small details of our life are not as exciting to everyone as they our to us, but I feel good having them for my record at least to look back on someday. Below are some recent random pics (quite a few of Hannah's ponytail) and a few new videos, enjoy!



Kevin and Mandy own version of superbowl squares


Kevin hard at work, perfecting his grid

Tons of ponytail pics











Our belated Christmas at my Dad's w/ my brothers



Opening gifts from my neices Annie and Taylor-they are twins too!





Cute hat pics







Hannah being silly watching her video








Hunter and Hannah's first Happy Meal

3 comments:

Katy said...

Look at that cute ponytail! I love it! I'm pretty impressed with your mad coupon cutting skills as well!

B-Mom said...

You guys are so funny! I love the grid! Great idea! And, I can't imagine if you DID win the no diapers for a day...poor kids. going all day without a diaper change while dad's at work! Ha! Hey...come over to Mamaws (oops...Grandmas) tonite for chicken & dumplins and gumbo! I'm in town for the night and Brad is coming in also.

Shannon said...

The ponytail is adorable! I'm afraid Morgan may be going to Kindergarten before she can sport a ponytail:(

We miss you guys and look forward to May!!!