Monday, September 29, 2008

Katy's Baby Shower




Yesterday Hilary, Lundy, and I hosted a baby shower for one of my best friends Katy. She is having a baby girl, and they are naming it Adalee Kate---very cute I think. Her original shower was supposed to have been the previous weekend, but due to Hurricane Ike it was postponed. I thought everything turned out great and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was fun catching up with old friends we haven't seen in a while. I am so happy for Katy and her husband Jason, I know how much they have wanted this, and they will be wonderful parents. I am just as excited to have a close friend that I will be able to talk to about all the crazy stuff that happens when you are a mom!! Please pray for Katy that she continues to have a healthy pregnancy-we can't wait for Adalee's arrival!!! Hunter and Hannah have been being very mischievous lately. They have mastered walking, and are practically running now-which makes things a bit tougher to catch them at times. It is nice though when I leave the house because I can carry one and let the other one walk with me to the car, instead of making two trips. Last week I had to take Hunter to the doctor-from previous visits to my pediatrician I have learned that our wonderful side-by-side double stroller will not fit through any of their doorways (they must have skinny doors), so my plan was to carry Hunter and to put Hannah in the small umbrella stroller we have. I get to the doctor and open the trunk, and what do you know, NO stroller. Kevin, with the best intentions of course, had decided to clean my car out during the hurricane. The distance from the car to the doctor's office was quiet a ways, and I knew that they would not walk -if they tried it might take 2 hours. So, I decided to try to carry them both, along with the huge diaper bag and my purse. Let's just say I was probably very entertaining to watch. We lost 2 shoes along the way and mid-way through I had to stop because I was loosing my grip on Hannah and she was slowly sliding down my leg! We finally made it inside, and the doctor's staff took pity on me and were extremely helpful-I love our pediatrician-everyone is so nice and caring! Sunday morning, while I was at church, Kevin informed me that Hunter has learned how to stand up in his high chair. He had turned around to chop a banana and we he looked back Hunter was standing straight up smiling-I guess we will have to get their seat belts out again-scary!!




Here are some pictures of Hunter and Hannah after their bath: someone had given us these little bath robes for a shower, but we forgot about them. They were for sizes 0-9mon, so they were small-but I thought they were still cute!


1 comment:

B-Mom said...

The story about you taking them to the doc is so funny! I remember the first time I took all 3 of mine out in public for the first time. Jason was 2, LaShay 1 and Brad a newborn. Not twins...but it was still crazy! Would love to have seen a video! But, the thing is you did it! And survived. Good for you!
Aunt Sharon