Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tipsy Pinguens















Well, Hannah and Hunter are officially walking all over. This is a really big deal for me, because somehow it marks their transition from baby-hood to toddlerhood. I decided the other day that they kind of look like drunken pinguens when they walk. They waddle real fast and sway side to side-very funny!. They are doing fairly well in their new room at daycare, still are adjusting to the new foods. Oh and Hannah got bit yesterday. They called me at work to inform me that one of the older babies in their class had leaned over and somehow bit Hannah behind the ear. It did not break the skin, and they said she cried for a minute and was fine, but it was still upsetting. Poor Hannah, she is so sweet and easygoing. They said they removed the girl from the class and will be moving her to the next level, if she does not learn and does it again, she won't be allowed back-I think she is a repeat offender. Well, I guess that sort of thing happens sometimes----at least it wasn't her brother that bit her!!










They also had their 12month well check at the doctor on Monday. Kevin went with me and it was actually a very non-stressful, easygoing doctor visit! Hannah weighed 19.2 and Hunter 20.2; at first I was very concerned because I expected them to weigh a lot more. The doctor said not to worry because they have not dropped on their growth chart and had gained 2 1/2 pounds since their last 3 month visit. They are, however, growing in length-so maybe they will just be tall and skinny!! He also said that it is normal for their appetite to decrease now, which made me feel a lot better--I feel like they don't ever eat anything, but they are as happy as could be! We will also be gradually switching from formula to whole milk this week, wish us luck!





We are really enjoying experimenting with different foods, I am trying to get them to eat a variety of different things so they won't be picky eaters like I was. Here are pics of them eating strawberries and blueberries for the first time:











Here is one of Hannah sleeping-she generally sleeps on her tummy now, so we were surprised to find her like this when we went to wake her up from her nap. I was amazed at how big she looks all sprawled out!!



Here are some pics of them after bathtime: Hunter hair is pretty wild, Grandma needs to give him another hair cut! Hannah was being silly as usual after her bath!


Well, tomorrow Hurricane Ike is supposed to hit Galveston. I'm not sure if we will get any of it yet, but please pray for everyone. Also if anyone knows how to download video clips I would like to know-I have some cute video but don't know how to get it on here! Love-Mandy

2 comments:

LaShay & Steve said...

Hey Mandy! Love the pics!

To download a video, you just click on the little icon that looks kinda like a movie film... it's right next to the icon where you add a regular picture. Once you click on that, you click on "browse". You'll need your videos saved on your computer somewhere. You'll just browse to the video you want, double-click on it. It will take you back to the box where you first hit "browse". You have to click the little agreement and I think it makes you put in a title. I just name it something like "laughing" if that's what it shows. I don't really know if this matters. After you do that... just hit "upload". It takes a while to upload videos. You can check the progress at the bottom of your new post that you're working on. Let me know if you need more help!

Love ya'll!

B-Mom said...

So precious. It was fun getting to see them in action last weekend.

Just know that your precious family is in our prayers during the aftermath of the storm! We love you all.
Aunt Sharon & Uncle Larry