Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

So...I decided to try to re-enact Hannah and Hunter's bunny ear pictures from last year. The Friday night before Easter, I put them in their jammies and even got the old boppy pillows out. Unfortunately, I am unable to post last years picture as I had hoped to because we lost some of our material when our computer crashed, but I'm pretty sure you can tell from the picture above that it didn't go as planned. I lost Hunter's white bunny ears, so I had to opt for little lamb ears instead (I'm sure he will really appreciate me for this when he gets older). Hannah had the same old ears, but NOT the same enthusiasm.


Easter weekend turned out to be really great. We went to church on Saturday night for a change and really enjoyed it-the message was great, and afterwards we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse where the kids enjoyed adding to the peanut mess by chucking their goldfish on the floor (its the only place where that is even remotely acceptable). Sunday morning we slept in and then headed over to Kevin's parents for lunch. We had a great time seeing family, and after lunch we let Hannah and Hunter hunt for eggs. I have to admit, I thought they may be still too young to understand, but they really "got it" after a little demonstrating for them. Hannah had her bucket fill up w/ eggs in no time at all-once she figured it out, she was on a roll. Hunter was fascinated by the "confetti-filled" eggs from Grandma Leveritt. After they loaded up on lots of sugar and toys, and were exhausted from the hunt we headed home and put them to bed early.

The next morning, they were still interested in sorting out the eggs, so while they did that I tried to organize ALL of the Easter treats they received, and tried to gather up all the stray Easter grass that was floating around the house....did I mention I really don't like "Easter grass"! Here are some of the pics from Easter weekend-there are more on the shutterfly site for those that are interested...Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Hannah, Hunter, and Kaitlyn in boosters chowing down

Hannah "finding" an egg

Hunter checking out his baskets

Kaitlyn looking pretty with her ponytail


Hannah and my dad-this one is rare!

Hannah tuckered out from all the fun



















3 comments:

Katy said...

Awww, poor Hannah the Bunny! I love the picture of all three babes chowing down!

Clymer Family said...

love love love Hannahs dress! they are sooo cute and growing soooo fast! i think bunny pics like that are the ones that really look the best years later!

JLB said...

I can't believe I never comment on your blog. Sooooooo cute!

The kids are getting just too grown up! I wish they would stay they are sometimes.

Miss you guys, but it's only one more month away and we'll get to hang out!

Love!