Monday, May 9, 2011

My little project....fresh herbs

This was my little project last weekend...I've been wanting to start a little herb garden for a while now. I had some a few years ago and let them fry in the sun because I didn't water them enough, so this time I am vowing to do better. I've got a ton of recipes I want to use that call for fresh herbs, and I'm sick of having to buy them at the store all the time. First off, they are expensive. Secondly, I always let them go bad before I get to use them. I'm hoping this will be a good investment for us...they were about $3 dollars a piece at Lowes, so you can't beat that. Another perk....they smell amazing! I know I'm a dork for being excited about these, but I don't care:) So far I have rosemary, dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, mint, and italian parsley!








I had to include these pics just because I thought they were cute. We had dinner with my Dad and Kim afterwards and then went for ice cream at Marble Slab....can you tell the kids were having a good time?




















No comments: