Monday, December 12, 2011

Vanity Makeover -DIY

I decided to post this little diy project to the blog because I'm still quite amazed at how well it turned out...I love the idea of making old furniture new but I don't necessarily like all the work that's involved in it:) I haven't really had a place to do my makeup, ever, since we moved into our house...so when Pam offered to give me her old vanity I took her right up on it. This vanity originally had a thick shiny varnish on it, so my main concern was getting the paint to stick to it. I'm trying to mesh my bedroom and bathroom together with a yellow and white theme, and found some cool fabric that went well with everything...so I decided to recover my old bathroom stool too. For whatever crazy reason, I decided to do all of this a few days before we had Thanksgiving at our house....maybe it kept me motivated to get it finished. It was all worth it, and actually really fun...not to mention cheap! Thank you Pam!




this was before...shiny varnish with brass hardware


old bathroom stool


after sanding ALL of the varnish off and removing hardware



after priming...used an oil based primer



stool recovered with new fabric...still want to spray the legs white



finished product with replaced drawer hardware



used a latex based white on white paint







No comments: