Sunday, July 8, 2012

We are still here, I promise....

I've been putting this little blog on the back burner for about three months now, partly because we've been nonstop busy with "life" in general, and partly because every time I think about trying to catch up on it, the idea of it just overwhelms me and I'm too lazy.  So, I decided instead of trying to re-hash all of the details of our life the last three months, I would just post a few of the highlights, along with some cute random pictures (in no particular order.....because again, I'm feeling lazy). 
Part of the reason we've been a little busier than usual is because I started a new job in March.  I had been a little unhappy/unfulfilled at my previous job and had been praying for a long time for a new opportunity to arise.  For once in my life I was actually patient and let God do his work.  Sure enough, a full time position was offered to me at a fabulous office and I accepted, knowing that it was definitely in God's plan for me.  It's been a transition for all of us, and sometimes it seems like there's not enough hours in the day, but overall it's been awesome, and I'm very happy. 
Let see, what else?  We had a fun weekend watching Kaitlyn last month.  I don't think I've ever seen three kids play as hard as they did that weekend, and they were all very well behaved.  The kids ask at least once a day when she can come stay again....so I'm pretty sure I can envision many cousin sleepovers in our future! 
 In May Hannah and Hunter graduated from Pre-K!!!  I have to admit that I held back a few tears when I saw them walk out in their cap and gowns.  Wow, I can't believe they will be in kindergarten next month!  Speaking of kindergarten, the first day of school will be ON THEIR 5TH BIRTHDAY!!  And....we recently decided that they will be split up in different classes.  I've had a hard time with the thought of splitting them up, but after speaking to several others and the school counselor, I feel like it is going to be really good for them.  I just wish we had a few more months of the summer....can you tell I'm nervous about it more than they are???
And, our most recent highlight, was Hunter's surgery last Friday.  Our brave little boy had his tonsils and adenoids taken out, and tubes put in his ears.  The surgery went great, and minus a few icky feeling days afterward, he's pretty much back to his old self....minus the gigantic tonsils!  If I could figure out how to download video from my phone I could post the HILARIOUS footage of Hunter after he drank the happy juice at the hospital.  It was seriously one of the funniest things I have ever seen.  Kevin and I could not stop laughing, mostly because Hunter was laughing uncontrollably the whole time.  All kidding aside, I was so darn happy for the "happy juice", because it made the whole process stress free for him and us.....and even happier that everything went so well!
Here are some pictures from the last few months:
                                                                                        
         Hunter before his surgery
 last day of school party and Miss Cissy, their PreK teacher

 Hunter and one of his besties Joshua
 Graduation night


 cousin's sleepover
 random photos of the kids watching shrinky dinks shrink....their new obsession


Now, time to update my recipe blog!!  I've got a whopping 34 recipes that I've tried out and need to share, so get ready!

No comments: