Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Hannah Grace"








As I've said before, I love the idea of this blog because it not only lets others see what's going on in our lives, but also because it allows me to have something to look back on so I don't forget all the little things that have happened. I know that Hannah and Hunter are changing so fast right now, so I wanted to dedicate these next few posts just for them.....This one is for our sweet, silly Hannah

Top 15 Little Things I Love about Hannah @ 2 years old:

1.) I love the fact that YOU love shoes. I'm not sure where you got this from, but you are completely obsessed with shoes-putting them on, taking them off, finding random/mismatching pairs, squeezing your feet into shoes that are 3 sizes too small....You have been especially fond of your pink and orange crocs for the last 6 months, according to you they go with EVERY outfit. Such a girly girl..

2.)I love the fact that you are learning to be polite. You give mommy plenty of please and thankyou's (after some coaxing), and now you're new thing is saying yes ma'am. It sounds something like "ayes a mahama" but I know what you mean...so cute..

3.)I love the fact that you are an awesome sleeper! Since you were born, you have been such a good, sound sleeper. You take good naps, and most of the times, sleep right through your brothers, not so sound sleeping...we always wonder how long you would have slept if your brother wasn't your alarm clock every morning....

4.)I love the fact that you have started to sing with me. Just recently I've noticed you chiming in with me, and actually getting some of the words right, when we sing songs in the bath tub, or on the swing. Your favorites right now seem to be Jesus loves me, and ABC's. I hope you get your singing voice from your Daddy....

5.)I love the fact that you eat like its going out of style! You have always been the one with a good appetite, and will pretty much eat whatever we give you. Ever since you were a baby, if we ask if you are all done or try to take your plate away too soon, you start "speed eating", terrified that you might miss out on that last kernel of corn on your plate!! I sometimes wonder where you put it all because you are all skin and bones...

6.)I love the fact that you like to babble on the phone. We've given you our old cell phones, and one of your favorite things to do now is to walk around with it up to your ear just babbling away. I'm not sure who you're pretending to talk to, but it's pretty entertaining....

7.)I love the fact that you LOVE your daddy so much. When Daddy comes home, he's the center of your attention for sure! I pretty much take the 2nd seat after he is here...and I'm ok with that...

8.)I love the fact that you are fearless. Even though it scares ME to death sometimes, you throw caution to the wind whether it's jumping of the top step of the pool, running up and down the driveway at 90 mph, or squashing a bug until you are sure it 100% dead, you're not scared...

9.)I love the fact that you tell me when you potty. You pretty much let me know when you potty now, even if it's too late, and you are really into this whole "potty training" thing-as long as you get your peach puff afterward...

10.)I (secretly) love the fact that you are a good faker. You think it's really funny to fake cough or fake sneeze, just so I will keep asking if you are ok and saying "bless you"...

11.)I love the fact that you have a contagious little laugh. Your daddy can get you laughing so hard that you start cackling...it's one of the sweetest sounds I have heard...

12.)I (secretly) love the fact that you mimic me when I am scolding your brother or the dogs. You think it's cute to come behind and finish me up with a "no no Hunta" or "no no bad dog" of your own-and it is cute...

13.)I love the fact that you are a hoarder with your lovey's. Right now you have your baby, puppy dog, mr. bear, rabbit, poodle, snoopy, and your blanket in bed with you. You have been especially attached to mr. bear for the last 6 months or so. We get strange looks sometimes from people in the grocery store when you bring the giant bear with the Santa hat with you...

14.)I love the fact that you are so silly. We can be stressed out and uptight and here you come with your Christmas bow on your head, or your pants on backwards to make us laugh...

15.)Most of all I love when you give us kisses and hugs. You are quite a fan of puckering up now, and have even learned how to give butterfly kisses. My favorite are our "night-night" kisses and hugs, there's nothing better than that....

I'm sure that I will think of more things to add in the future, but these are the top things right now that I love about our sweet Hannah!

Still to come (hopefully tomorrow): "Top 15 Little Things I Love about Hunter @ 2 years old"

2 comments:

The Stuart Family said...

FINALLY a post!! I love it!! Hannah is getting so big!! She looks like so much fun!

B-Mom said...

So precious. I haven't checked in in a while so it was awesome to catch up and to see HOW MUCH THEY HAVE GROWN since May! Oh my goodnes. This was a sweet blog for both of them. Can't wait to be able to have everyone together for our Houston Christmas on New Year's. All our group is coming. It will be fun to have everyone together! Love you guys so much!
Aunt Sharon