Monday, October 12, 2009

"Hunter"









Top 15 Little Things I Love about Hunter @ 2 Years old:

1.)I love the fact that you love stickers. You're completely fascinated by any and all kinds of stickers, whether they're in the sticker books I buy for you, the Krogers stickers that the bagger gives you, or on your banana for breakfast, you could care less-they are all "sheekers" to you...

2.)I love the fact that you are my awesome little helper. Whether it's helping me shut the door, put something in the trash, or pick up your toys...once I give you a task and you get focused on it, you don't stop until you get it done just right...

3.)I love the fact that you love to dance. Ever since you were able to pull up on your little music table, you have had some serious rhythm! Your favorite tunes to dance to are anything to do with Sesame Street/Elmo. The other day, you broke out all of the sudden in a breakdance on the floor -not really sure where you learned that one at...

4.)I love the fact that you are extremely focused. Well....not all the time, but when you do decide to focus on something you are doing, I can tell by the intense look in your eyes. Whether it's stacking all your blocks JUST RIGHT, or putting every little piece back into your puzzles, you have some serious determination...

5.)I love the fact that you love to be outside. If you had your choice we would just hang out in the garage or backyard all day/everyday-and you are such a good mailbox checker...

6.)I love the fact that you want to make everything "awl betta". This is your new favorite phrase, and it makes the melt every time I hear it. Whether I kill a bug for you, wipe off your face, or kiss your boo boo, everything is always "all better" in your book...

7.)I love the fact that you are incredibly hard-headed. And I don't mean stubborn (which you also are), I mean that I think you have a head made out of steel sometimes! When you are going full force you will sometimes take a tumble or smack into something that makes me cringe and wait for the tears to come, but most of the time you just keep on trucking-like it never happened...

8.)I love the fact that you love to read. While your sister can hardly sit still long enough to make it through a few pages, you are completely content on cuddling up in the chair and stacking up 3 or 4 to read at a time. Your all time favorites at this moment are "patty-cake", "i-spy", and of course your Sesame Street musical book from Gammy and Pa-pa...

9.)I love the fact that you LOVE your Daddy so much. Just like your sister, as soon as Daddy is home, I am pretty much kicked to the curb-and I am ok with that...

10.)I (secretly) love the fact that you have confiscated Hannah's cabbage patch baby. I tried for a minute to discourage it, but you were so sweet when you said "baby" and gave it a kiss, that I figure what could it hurt? "Adriana Tricia" (I think that was her name) has been in your crib ever since...

11.)I love the fact that you look like me. While you do favor your Daddy in some ways, you definitely look like my side of the family. Everyday I can see such a resemblance of myself, my Dad and even my Grandma Johnson in your face- I am reminded of how special our family is to us...

12.)I love the fact that you listen to my "1, 2, 3"'s. I remember when I was little constantly being told "one, two, three" when I was doing something wrong. I guess it works, because now I find myself constantly doing it to you! You usually stop what ever it is you're doing now on "2 1/2"...

13.)I love the fact that you scream "Momma" at the top of your lungs and practically knock me down when you first see me there to pick you up from daycare. After your 30 second long bear hug, you are usually ready to hit the road...

14.)I love the fact that you say "thank you" for anything and everything. The other day you told the bagger at Kroger's "tank you" for every single one of the 15 or so bags he put into the buggy, so polite! You even thought to tell the nurse that gave you your flu shot thank you as she was leaving the room-I'm sure she doesn't get to hear that often...

15.)Most of all, I love your hugs and kisses-you give really good ones! At the end of a long, exhausting day a big hug and a few kisses from you before bedtime makes it all worth while...There's truly no better feeling...

Again, I'm sure I will think of plenty of other sweet little things you do in the future, but these are my current favorites for now!

No comments: