Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last two weeks...........

As usual, the last couple weeks have been pretty busy for us-here's a few of my favorite new pics:

Weekend before last we went over to Keith and Jana's for lunch with Kevin's family-this one is of Hannah and Kaitlyn playing with the fridge magnets. We have the same one at home-I think Hannah is trying to figure out why Kaitlyn is playing with it now, Hannah is a little territorial right now..........
Keith doing "toss the baby" with Hannah-don't worry: the fan appears closer than it really is!

Hunter's turn-they loved it!


July 14th was my dads birthday-the big 65!! Kim asked us to come over and surprise him for dinner and cake. The food was excellent, and the kids got to have their first taste of ice cream-is that bad I haven't given them ice cream yet?? She also had invested in an Elmo dvd and some legos to keep at the house. Needless to say, they were very entertained and we managed not to explode any Dr. Pepper cans this time.........



Hunter is obsessed with colors and chalk or basically anything to do with drawing right now. We got them these cool little trays to use at Hobby Lobby that they love! Obviously he hasn't learned how to stay inside the lines yet--thank goodness for washable crayons!!



I got a wild "hair" a few days ago and decided to go ahead and get Hunters hair cut again. I was going to wait until he turned 2 and then get it cut short, but decided he was getting pretty shaggy. I took him back to Snippets at the mall (it's worth the few extra bucks) and told the lady I didn't know anything about boys haircuts but I thought I may want him to get a flat top-she nixed that idea let me flip through their little boys book. We decided to go short with just enough to spike up on top-she did a great job, he did get nicked with the clippers one time b/c he started flailing around when his rubber duck fell to the floor. After they gave him a sucker-all was well! MY favorite part about his new haircut is the way the back of his head feels now-I am constantly rubbing his head for him, but he doesn't seem to mind! HIS favorite part is that he gets to be squirted with the "water gun" every morning now so I can spike it up a little! He looks SO grown up to me now-definitely not a baby anymore, huh?

This was right after we got home from the mall-PaPa had to come over and see his new "do"


Last night we went to Wings N' More with our good friends Jaime and Larissa, and Katy and Jason. Jaime and Larissa have a 2 month old little girl named Maya Grace now-this was our first time to all go eat together and all the kiddos did great! The local fire department sat down next to us and gave the kids hats-so nice!! It's hard to imagine that not that long ago there would have only been 6 people at the table!!


Hannah, Katy, and Adalee

Maya and Larissa


Kevin and Hunter showing off his new fireman hat
P.S.: For those that are wondering, Hannah and Hunter have remained "binky free"! It has been 2 weeks exactly now and, as I said before, it was not near as hard as I thought it would be. At first they took a little longer to go down for naps and bedtime, but the last several days they've done great! I can't even remember the last time I heard Hannah ask for it, and she definitely saw baby Maya's binky while we were at dinner-I guess they've moved on to more important things!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

We had fun at dinner, and I LOVE Hunter's haircut!