Sunday, July 5, 2009

Frio 2009







I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of our trip to the Frio a few weeks ago. Unfortunately with 2 two year olds on our hands we weren't able to take that many, but did get a few. We rented a house in Frio country along w/ Keith, Jana, Kaitlyn, and Kevin's parents. I have been going to the Frio since I was probably 6 years old, and I have never seen it so low before. This was the first time we weren't able to actually float the river, so that was somewhat of a bummer! We ended up having a blast though, the river was just the right level for the kids to splash and play in. Our days were spent waking up early and eating breakfast on the porch, letting the kids run off their steam until it was naptime, then making a beeline to the river while Pam and Dickey stayed with them until naptime was over, then heading back down to the river for more play time. Needless to say the kids were thouroughly exhausted by bedtime and slept REALLY well!

Hopefully if we get to go next year the river will be up, and maybe the kids will have learned how to swim by then!! I'm mad at myself for not remembering to bring the camera with us to the river, so I don't have any shots of them in the water. Most of the pics I took were of them in the car and some of them in Keith and Jana's blow up pool.
Hannah snoozing on the way there



Hunter snoozing


Hannah waking up with Mr. Poodle by her side
snacking on the porch
Hannah giving her famous "mean look"
playing in the blow up pool

1 comment:

Katy said...

You added some river pics since the last time I looked...looks like fun!