Monday, July 13, 2009

Seven Year Anniversary and their 1st "All Nighter"

Seven years ago today, Kevin and I tied the knot, and look how far we've come! I don't think I would have guessed we would have had two kids by now, much less at the same time, but I wouldn't change it for anything!!

I know that he randomly reads the blog-so I will just remind him what a wonderful husband that he is too me....I feel so lucky and blessed to have him in my life. Not only is he an excellent husband, he is still truly my best friend. Thank you for being such a good provider for our family and such a wonderful father to our children-we love you!!

Since our anniversary fell on a Monday, we decided to celebrate this past weekend. The picture above was taken right before we left the kids for their 1st overnight visit with Kevin's parents. We decided to keep it casual this year and opted for dinner and a movie, followed by a spontaneous midnight trip to Walmart-it was a blast!! We had no purpose for the Walmart trip other than the fact that we felt like we needed to do something else simply because we could....it was strange not having to worry about how long we were taking anywhere, we felt like carefree newlyweds again! Looking back, it may have been smarter to skip Walmart and take advantage of a good night's sleep, because it was over before we knew it! Oh well, by the time we got up the next morning we were both a little anxious to go get the kids. According to Kevin's parents, Hannah and Hunter had a blast and slept really well through the night at their house. Thank you so much Pam and Dickey for giving us a night to ourselves-our children are available for your entertainment anytime you would like to have them again in the future, ha-ha!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy anniversary! Can you believe it's been SEVEN years? Time flies!!

I love that y'all went to Walmart. We would have done the same thing!!!